Thursday, April 7, 2011

Random Swatches

Hey guys! Just a few swatches for you today

CM Midnight Imposter. One of my favourite "starry night" polishes. Little silver square glitters in a deep blue base. 3 coats.



Precision Twilight Zone. Red toned purple with holo glitter and a violet shimmer running through. Kind of reminds me of China Glaze Grape Crush but more red. Really nice formula on this one, 2 coats.


Avon Olive Green. Man Avon has been really good lately. Awesome new colours, brushes and formula. This one is a dupe to RBL Orbis Non Sufficit I believe. This is one freaking coat. Amazing!


Missha HGR01. Three coats. Frosty metallic green with a slight gold and blue duochrome that doesn't show up on the nail as it does in the bottle. It's a little brushstrokey so I had to be careful with this one but the colour is really nice.



Color Club Take Me To Your Chateau. Baby blue cream from the Pardon My French collection. A really stark blue. Lots of white in the base. Two very smooth coats.



China Glaze Sexagon. A silver scattered, but strong holo. Three coats. A little sheer and watery, but all the ones from the Kaleidoscope collection are like that. This puppy looks great under artificial light as well as in the sun.


Essie Demure Vixen from Summer 2010. Putty mauve base with a violet shimmer. Such an unusual color. I really love it, but it didn't look the best against my skin. 3 coats.


China Glaze 2NITE. Smooth, linear blue holo. Gorgeous! One coat over Nfu-Oh Aqua Base.



Catherine Arley 805. Scattered black holo. It's no competitor to MPJ, but it's nice. Really smooth formula that glided on in 2 coats.



BK 04. I picked this baby up while on vacation in Shanghai. Notice it's in a very similar bottle to the Nfu-Ohs. Bright pink holo. The BK holos are really nice. They have this unusual... almost foil finish to them. They're still really sparkly under artificial lighting; not plain metallic looking.


China Glaze Crushed Candy over BK 04. I really like the pink and blue combo of this and the holo just peeking out beneath the crack.

Thanks for reading :)

4 comments:

  1. I love love love x1000 CM Midnight Imposter! Are CM polishes only sold in Australia? I live in the US, so I'd kill for that and some Ozotics and Glitter Gal T_T *sigh* Your swatches are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know for certain that CM is available in the US.. where, I'm not sure. I here people find them in random nail supply places though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time out to comment ♥